You are here
Australian Resuscitation Council Advanced Life Support Level 1 Course NT0081
PLEASE NOTE: THIS COURSE IS BY INVITATION ONLY
This one day Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) internationally accredited Course, aims to provide the candidate with the skills and knowledge to effectively manage a patient in the immediate crisis, to prevent cardiopulmonary arrest and to participate as part of a resuscitation team, utilising the latest ARC guidelines.
COURSE CONTENT INCLUDES:
- Managing patients in the immediate periods of crisis to prevent deterioration and cardiopulmonary arrest
- Common causes and strategies for the prevention of cardiopulmonary arrest and the ABCDE approach
- Initial resuscitation and defibrillation, including simple airway management
- Managing patients in cardiopulmonary arrest until arrival of the resuscitation team or expert help, utilising the ARC ALS algorithm
- Participating as an effective member of a resuscitation team
- Current Basic Life Support competent
- Currently working in the Cardio Thoracic Unit , Coronary Care Unit, Intensive Care Unit or Ward 3B at Royal Darwin Hospital
The certificate is valid for 4 years but it is recommended you complete an annual ALS refresher to maintain competency.
Health Professionals currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and who have limited or infrequent exposure to crisis event needing advanced life support training and are not required to lead a resuscitation team.
NCCTRC Training Facility, 8th Floor Royal Darwin Hospital, Darwin, Northern Territory Australia
Northern Territory Government staff members: $190.00 [pp incl. GST]
non Northern Territory Government staff: $300.00 [pp incl. GST]
[prices and course availability are subject to change]
REGISTRATIONS OF INTEREST CLOSE: Thursday 13 December 2018
REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST BELOW - APPLICATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO REVIEW